Tuesday, December 9, 2008

An Unprecedented Act of Dog Obedience

I could hardly believe what happened a couple of nights ago.

We had company, which always gets the dogs a bit wound up. Then the cat came in and started pestering them. After he got tired of the game he bounded off down the stairs and they all ran after him... until I said "No."

So all 3 laid down at the top of the stairs to watch and wait... maybe that Tiger would be coming back?

Our company thought that was so cute that she pulled out her camera, so I did the same. But what was amazing was when I decided to go down the stairs and get a picture from below. I told them all to stay put and not move - and they actually did it!

I don't think I've ever had a dog or a cat sit still and stay put when I deliberately went after a camera.

This trio finally gave up and went back to visiting with our company after I told them it was OK to move - and the cat never did come back. Guess he decided it was bedtime even though the rest of us had no sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. They are very well behaved. Two of my dogs go in to a wiggly, licking frenzy whenever they see our cat.

There is now way they would stay still, let alone for a photo.

Tell them "good dogs" from me.