Wednesday, December 3, 2008

That Mothering Instinct

Sometimes humans just don't give animals enough credit. And sometimes I think our 4 legged friends, or our feathered friends, are a lot better people than people. I think Andy Rooney said that, and I agree.

When I was a kid we had a mutt - D.D. was a black dog who looked kind of like a Cocker Spaniel but had a beautiful flowing feathered tail. For about 2 or 3 years there was a barn cat who had her kittens in a manger in the barn, and D.D. guarded them so well that sometimes mama had trouble getting in. You can bet that the other dogs around did NOT get near those babies.

We hear stories all the time about different species caring for young of other species - like the one that 's been around the internet for a while about the giant turtle and the baby hippo.

Well, today a friend sent me another one, and although it has nothing to do with dogs, it was so heart warming that I posted it on a page on my "Do you love dogs" site.

If you love more animals than just dogs, go here to have a look.

No comments: