Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Mad Dogs" get a Reprieve / My guest "appearance"

Summertime - we've all been waiting for it after a long cold winter and a Spring that's been none too warm.

BUT... it makes my dogs mad.

When the thermometer begins to rise it means they can no longer accompany me to town to do errands and get groceries, and they don't like that one bit. So I have "mad dogs."

But today the cool weather has returned - complete with wind that seems bent on beating my poor tomato plants to pulp. So they got to ride along.

Everyone please remember - temperatures inside your car can reach 130 degrees within minutes, so let your dogs be mad. Treat them like you would your small children - if you can't take them inside with you, don't take them at all.

Mad dogs at home are much more fun than dead dogs in your car.

And Now... an announcement

For all you folks in the Phoenix area, I've been invited to be a guest tonight on Fred Haney's "My Doggie Says..." radio talk show on KFNX 1100, from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time (which is also Pacific Daylight time).

If you live where you get that station, please join us!

No comments: