Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dogs - Creatures of habit

My dogs! Sometimes they're just goofy...

Last night my husband sat down to eat and as usual said "It's hot in here" and pulled the slider open a few inches so the cold air from outside would blow in on him.

After dinner, also as usual, I fed the dogs, but forgot to go close the slider. While I was cleaning up the kitchen I noticed the door open further and knew that Ralph, the big dog in the family, had gone on outside. That's fine, he does that.

It really was a little warm in the house, so I left the door open and sat down to listen to the end of whatever news show my husband was watching. In a few minutes Susie came and asked to go out. I told her the door was open, and to go ahead and go.

She just stood there. Then she pawed at me again to go let her out. I sighed and said "Susie, the door is open. Go." Nope, she couldn't do that. So I got up and went to the open door and said "See - it's open. Go out."

Nope... wrong door. She went to the other door and stood there waiting. Of course, I opened the correct door and let her and Pepper both out. When Ralph was ready, he came back in the slider, and Susie and Pepper stood at the other door and barked for me to let them in.

Apparently, it really matters which door you use.

No comments: