Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friends to the Rescue!


Last night I was working in the garden when it was time to go back to the house to check on things in the oven. On my way I stopped to feed the horse.

I didn't think much about the dogs not being at the house with me, because my husband was still outside, and they'd rather stay out as long as they can.

They're also creatures of habit, so when I came out of the house to head back to the garden after 20 minutes or so and heard them barking, I assumed that they were running around the hay shed, following the squirrel who loves to tease them.

But no, Ralph came running toward me, barking his head off!

What in the world is this about? As soon as he saw I would follow, he ran for the feed room, then he and Pepper stood in front of the door barking. That's when I heard Suzie - barking from inside.

She had followed me in when I got grain and I had accidentally left her there.

But Ralph and Pepper weren't going to let her be locked up for long. Everyone should have such good friends!

No comments: