Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yesterday really was Friday the 13th


I've never believed in any of that nonsense about Friday the 13th or 13 being an unlucky number... until yesterday.

It all started when we volunteered to babysit our neighbor's dog - something we've done many times in the past. What was different this time was that my husband had to leave for a couple of hours, so she stayed with me at the house.

She ran from door to door, whining to follow my husband, so I gave up on working and went outside to do yard work. Since she might try to follow, I tied up on a long rope.

My mistake was in not being careful enough around a "bouncing dog" on a rope.

When I tripped I went down SO hard on that brick patio... I thought my knee was broken for sure.

It's not... but it sure hurt like he--. Still hurts today, so I'm sitting a lot.

That wasn't good enough to round out the day.

My husband came home and took her outside with him and his dog... so she had an afternoon full of running and playing - and getting into what??

After he'd gone to bed last night I was being a vegetable on the couch when she whined to go out... I never ignore a dog who says they need to go out, so I limped to the door and let her out... and got a whiff of something I really didn't want to smell.

After I cleaned up the mess in the middle of the stairs and let the dogs back in, I went back to the couch. Just to be on the safe side, I let everyone out again sometime after midnight.

But Friday the 13th decided to spill over to the 14th.

At 6 a.m. I woke to hear my husband yelling... It seems that "someone" had had multiple accidents that covered half of our living room carpet.

By 6:30 a.m. we had the spots cleaned, and later this morning we moved all the furniture and cleaned the entire carpet... it was time, so might as well do it while the machine is out and ready.

Sure glad my knee feels a little better today - and also glad my husband did all the hard work of running the shampooer!

1 comment:

The (mis)Adventures of Sage said...

Hi! I just gave you an award! Come see me at http://sagechronicles.wordpress.com to collect it and pass it along.