Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Coyotes Coming Closer


Last night when I let my crew out for a run around the yard I heard a different sounding bark - one I didn't like at all. And then Suzie came hurrying back into the light with Pepper close behind.

Most of the time my dogs tend to sound threatening to anyone out there - but last night they seemed to be frightened themselves. All but Ralph. Ralph just kept barking at them, but he's a little bigger. He's been known to pick up a coyote and toss it like a rag doll.

Tonight the coyotes were barking so close that I'm sure if I'd had a flashlight I'd have seen them at the bottom of the hill. A couple of firecrackers sent them on their way, but they made me nervous. I came straight in and checked to make sure both cats were safe inside. Tiger likes to explore outside and gets a little farther from the house than I'd like.

I don't mind hearing them howl and yip - as long as they stay in the woods and away from my critters!

No comments: